Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Month 2 & 3 of Marathon Training


Well into Month 2 of training and I was feeling pretty good. I logged miles ran and how I felt in a small running journal because, let's be honest, I am not very diligent in keeping up on typing!

Week 5
Monday 3 miles 10 pace
Wednesday 5 miles 10.5 pace
Thusrday 3 miles 10 pace
Saturday 10 miles 10.5 pace- hard run in strong headwind!

Week 6
Monday 4 miles 9.35 pace
Wednesday 5 miles 10 pace
Thursday 4 miles 10.5 pace
Saturday 11 miles 10 pace- felt really great after this run except I realized that after mile 10, I need water and some sort of GU. Felt seriously run down when I got home.

Week 7
Monday 3 miles 11.5 pace
Wednesday 6 miles 10 pace
Thursday 4 miles 9 pace
Saturday 12 miles 11 pace- one of the hardest runs for me. I was all over the place! Stayed up WAY too late the night before and ate terrible! Stopped a lot and felt side aches. Got home and went right into mommy mode. I didn't stretch, hydrate or rest.

Week 8
Monday REST- I was feeling so bad after not taking care of myself after Saturday's run that I had to rest today.
Wednesday 6 miles 11 pace
Thursday 4 miles 10 pace
Saturday 14 miles- I was going to run this run with my grandpa, but he ended being the one who watched the kids so I could actually run. He gave me a course map of 14 miles and I set out to run it. It was a lonley and weird run out to Backus Highway and back. I cried a bit and felt pretty defeated. I never realized how mental all of this would be. I thought I would just do the runs and it wouldn't be easy, but it wouldn't be this hard. Came home and hydrated and sat in an ice bath. Learned my lesson from last week.

Month 3  A big turning point for me! I am now running miles higher than I ever had and it's pretty intimidating! The most I have ever ran is 13.1 miles 2 years ago. I am really pushing myself not only physically, but mentaly. I did't even know what that meant till now.

Monday 4 miles 10 pace
Wednesday 7 miles 9:30 pace- just wanted to get out of the rain!
Thursday 3 miles 111 pace- was really going to do 4 but ended up pushing my kids and his bike in the jogger stroller in the RAIN!
Saturday 16 MILES!!!This was by far a more enjoyable run and I felt like I figured a lot out on this run!
 
 
Shoe log: 209 miles
Weight 146
 

No comments:

Post a Comment